Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OhioLINK Library Catalog
A combined catalog of over 7.8 million books and other library materials from many of Ohio's universities, colleges, community colleges, and the State Library of Ohio.
Explore 1000s of downloadable e-books in a variety of subjects, including academic areas, classic literature, fiction, and more.
Electronic Journal Finder
Use the Electronic Journal Finder to determine whether a particular journal (and article) is available online.
Electronic Journal Center (EJC) (OhioLINK)
Contains full text articles from more than 10,000 academic journals from top scholarly publishers, academic societies, and university presses. The EJC covers a wide range of disciplines and contains just published scientific research as well as historical journal articles.
Features of slang dictionaries
- Alphabetizes slang words and phrases.
- Duplicates are ordered by part of speech, e.g., adjective, noun, then verb.
- Duplicates with the same part of speech are ordered by which was used first (chronological).
- Dates: If C is included (e.g., 18C), the term was used during the entire century. The + sign indicates a term is still in use. A label like [1990s] indicates current/recent usage.
- Other labels, in parentheses, indicate geographical usage (US) and social/cultural usage (teen).
- Terms in small caps in an entry are also found in the dictionary.
Need Help? Librarians are here to help!
Subject Liaison for::Anthropology
, Communication Studies
, Early Childhood Education
, General Studies
, Political Science
, Religious Studies
, Urban Studies
, Women's Studies
Ask a Librarian
|Email a Librarian
Send a reference question to the Tri-C librarians;
we will respond within 2 working days
(Monday through Friday).
|Phone the Reference Desk
Please visit the COVID-19 Research Guide for library services.
|Chat with Us
Click here to chat with us
Librarian Virtual Hours
Friday & Saturday 9am-2pm
E-Resources always available