Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy: Drawing (tree, person, house)
- Art Therapy: Clay
- Pet Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Poetry Therapy
- Aromatherapy: Oils
- Aromatherapy: Candles
- Wilderness Therapy
- Guided Imagery
- Therapeutic Storytelling
- Dance Therapy
Non-Traditional Therapy: Research Paper
Research Paper - 250 pts.
- Use American Psychological Association (APA) format
- Include an APA bibliography.
- Attach copies of all materials used for the paper (actual chapters and journal articles, and highlight what you used)
- 2 books
- 4 journal articles or Internet sources
Support your paper with research data taken from the sources you selected.
- Identify the “therapy” what it consists of, the history of its use and how it evolved.
- What are the known benefits?
- Does a person need a certain education or certification level to use it?
- Describe how you would use this helping approach with one specific population (of your choice) and provide the methods of how you would use this. Support these ideas with research data.
- Finally, what do you like about this helping approach? What did you learn and were you surprised? Would you use this method with self, family, friends or clients?
Oral Presentation - 50 pts.
- 10 minute presentation
- Make it fun, creative and engaging for audience
- Must give classmates an activity or experience of the therapy.
Ask a Librarian
|Email a Librarian
Send a reference question to the Tri-C librarians;
we will respond within 2 working days
(Monday through Friday).
|Phone the Reference Desk
Please visit the COVID-19 Research Guide for library services.
|Chat with Us
Click here to chat with us
Librarian Virtual Hours
Friday & Saturday 9am-2pm
E-Resources always available