Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Gay Marriage: pp. 688-689.
Female Identity: pp. 690-692.
Illegal Music Downloading: pp. 693-694.
Torture: pp. 214-217.
Sex Offender Ban: pp. 707-708
Drinking Age: pp. 709-710.
Guns on Campus: page 199.
Social Media: “friends with benefits”: p. 218
Athletic Scholarships: p. 248
Insufficient Design: pp. 777-779.
Body Image and its influence on men and women.
Printing to a PDF file
All campus computers have CutePDF installed as a printer.
File > "Print"
Change the printer to "CutePDF"
This will start the file conversion process to pdf. You will be asked to save the file with a new name in a folder of your choice.
Once completed, you can upload this file into Blackboard.
Research Paper Guidelines: ENG 1020
- 6-8 pages. This page limit applies to the text of the research paper (introduction, body, and conclusion).
- Choose a topic from the list provided.
- You must go through the following steps for the research paper:
- Proposal of the topic (narrowed down) to be approved by the instructor
- First draft
- Final draft
- Works Cited section
- Formal outline, and Works Cited (MLA format) are required. Your grade will go down one letter grade for each missing section.
- A first draft (typed) is required.
- Works consulted - 6
- Works actually cited - 4
- Choose a combination of books and articles from journals
- You should not rely on the same journal for all your sources.
Subjects: American Sign Language/Deaf Interpretive Services
, Communication Studies
, Early Childhood Education
, English as a Second Language
, Film & Media Arts
, Foreign Languages
, General Studies
, Hospitality Management
, Media & Journalism Studies
, Recording Arts & Technology
, Religious Studies
, Theatre Arts
, Urban Studies
Ask a Librarian
|Email a Librarian
Send a reference question to the Tri-C librarians;
we will respond within 2 working days
(Monday through Friday).
|Phone the Reference Desk
Please visit the COVID-19 Research Guide for library services.
|Chat with Us
Click here to chat with us
Librarian Virtual Hours
Friday & Saturday 9am-2pm
E-Resources always available